The World Bank Treasury advises governments on the development of green bond markets based on its own experience as the first issuer of labeled green bonds and knowledge as market leader in this space. Specifically, Treasury advises on country-level action plans to help governments kick-start domestic green bond markets, including:
- developing green bond standards, framework and national regulations and guidelines;
- analyzing policy tools;
- building a database of projects that fulfill a definition of green;
- facilitating public sector green bond issuance;
- providing technical assistance on monitoring and tracking of green bond proceeds;
- developing impact reports.