Investors in IDA bonds have a unique opportunity to help catalyze critical development finance for projects around the globe. These investments contribute directly to confronting tough issues for the common good while helping make the world more secure.
What does IDA achieve? Learn about IDA results.
What is IDA's impact?
As of September 2017, IDA's $90 billion portfolio finances over 900 projects in close to 11,000 locations in 76 countries. During fiscal years 2011 to 2017, IDA financing:
- 602 million people received essential health service
- 30 million pregnant women received prenatal care from a health provider
- 8 million teachers recruited and/or trained
- 72 million people received access to better water sources
- 134,000 kilometers of roads constructed, rehabilitated or upgraded
- 250 million children immunized